Saturday, February 23, 2013

2/23/2013

-- Games --
Sequence (3/5) - DDR meets RPG
I got this game (for free) from Kick-Starting "There Came an Echo" (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iridiumstudios/there-came-an-echo-0)
This game is good if you enjoy music and have a good sense of beat which I totally lack. A great simple game non the less with very witty remarks.

Nexuiz (?/5) - ???
A game that I got during the THQ package sale during Christmas (too bad THQ was cut up and sold). The game came with 3 installs. Nexuiz, Nexuiz Beta, and Nexuiz Stupid Mode (not sure what this is about but I will review it eventually).
So the game is a Online Shooter game that shows what the game is like when you first load it up (demo) but when I actually tried to play a game I didn't find any open games and when I created a game no one showed up for 5 min. Will put this game on the backlog to try again sometime.

Gratuitous Space Battles (3/5) - ???
Well this game was free on Steam for a few days and I thought I give it a try. A space simulation game of a battle. You carefully pick your fleet and configuration of each ship. This is a game where you cannot do anything but wait for the battle to play out once you have started the battle. Initially it is a fun game but takes time to learn all the core and things that you can do.

-- Anime --
Fruit Basket (2/5) - See previous post
Interesting anime. A slow paced anime that really didn't have much going on till the last 2 episode that didn't fit in with the rest of the series.


-- Cooking --


-- Other --
Linq Problem at work - 
So I encountered a Linq problem at work. Here the layout.


3 table as followed
Table A links to Table B on a 1:1 relationship
Table C links to Table A on a 0:Many relationship

I need to pull A + B (since 1:1 relationship) + C (latest row (assume timestamp)) if C is blank then still show A+B for that row also where 1 column in A = X (a random value) and B = Y (another random value)

--
Well it been a good week, good week at work, lost 7 lbs overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment